Monday, August 11, 2008

A Grave Situation

As you know from my previous post, I started developing some plans for large gravestones on Saturday. Part of that involved researching possible patterns online. I came across this one, and thought it might make a cool addition to my cemetery.


"Oh sure, go ahead and like it all you want Dream Boy, but when will you ever find a huge tube for the top?"

Answer, yesterday at work. I walked over to the Middle School, and saw a large cardboard tube that seemed destined for the recycling bin. I couldn't believe it!

Anyway, that tube got me a little excited, so I started working on that headstone after work. Thanks to the table saw that Santa gave me last year, I can cut out some pretty fancy things now.


I think to do any more work, I need to dig into the coffin area under my deck. I need the sheets of styrofoam, and that means moving the coffin, and everything inside it. Not looking forward to that.

3 comments:

N. Taylor said...

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to moving that coffin either. Ugh. I'm excited for all of your new creations this year!

Watts Family said...

WoW!! You are so Amazing!! I bet it is going to turn out better than the picture.

NeelsluvsU2! said...

Matthew,

If you need any tubes for future spooky applications, let me know. We use up several tons of board each day that comes in giant rolls with thick paper/board cores you can use... Mike