Last week, I started playing Half Life 2: Episode 2 or The Orange Box. What a great game! My computer still meets the suggested specifications, but just barely.
We bought our computer in March 2005. I already own one game that our computer won't even come close to playing, BioShock What a bummer, because it looks like a "killer" game.
Back to the point. While playing HL2: Episode 2, I found myself struggling to follow the plot. For those of you who don't know, video games have become like mini movies. They have a storyline, plot, characters, etc.
I decided to put a hold on HL2: Episode 2, and play Half Life. If you don't know anything about the game, you really ought to read the Wikipedia entry.
So, it turns out that a decade really makes a HUGE difference when it comes to video games. As I play Half Life, I marvel at the rudimentary graphics and sounds! It simply boggles my mind. The differences between Half Life and HL2: Episode 2 equal that of a dog and a cat.
Screen shot of HL2: Episode 2 followed by Half Life 

Quite remarkable the difference, wouldn't you say? I almost feel a little naughty, like I am looking back on something that shouldn't be seen. None-the-less, I find it very interesting, since I never actually played the original Half-Life (single player mode that is).
My point? Technology advances by leaps and bounds. So, next time you're shouting at something because it's "a stupid piece of junk," just remember, in ten years you'll laugh about even using something so stupid.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Half Life? More Like Old Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment