I thought last night about listing five things that most people know about me. If you know me at all, you realize one or two of these things, if not all:
1- Halloween is my favorite holiday. 8MM video exists of me staring over the brim of a jack-o'-lantern looking in at the candle. To give you an idea, I am in a "onesie", and standing on the kitchen table.
I started creating little spook alleys in my unfinished basement, and would invite whoever I could find to walk through them. This sort of thing eventually bleed outside, and what I consider to be my display started in 1987.
I remember sitting in my Jr. High classes thinking non-stop about my display. Trying to figure out how to solve problems, or how to build what I envisioned in my head.
Here is a link that shows my display, I haven't updated it with pictures since 2002. If I ever get the energy, I'll post pictures of 2006 and 2007:
Matthew's Display
2- I like organization. Some call me a perfectionist, and I wouldn't argue that. I suppose I embody the meaning of the word, much more than other people I hear call themselves perfectionists.
For example, a co-worker calls himself one. Well, okay...but I don't think perfectionists let four inches of lawn grow over either side of their sidewalk (literally people).
3- Cats love me, and I love cats. I own three, ever want more, and cannot imagine my life without my "boys".
4- My middle name might as well be Handyman, not David. Although I must attribute much of my abilities to my father, I believe I have a natural understanding of problems and how to fix them. I do not shy away from most projects, even those I do not have any experience with. Most things seem intuitive to me, and if I lack a little know how, I fill in the blanks by asking those who do know. I consider this both a talent and a gift. Not only do I derive a smug satisfaction when I step back from a finished project, it also helps Nancy and I save money. Professionals cost a fortune, and I cannot imagine calling one every time something needed doing.
5- I speak fluent Portuguese. Okay, that might stretch the truth a little, as I do not get the chance to practice speaking very often. However, this explains the little Brazilian flag in my office, my Brazilian license plate, and my affection for Brazil in general.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Five Things Take Two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I like the "take two" version of your five things...seems much more like you. When I look back at my five things, I don't think they really explain me either. Who knows, maybe I'll "take two" too. :)
Post a Comment