Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Was Friends With A Murderer

Sound shocking? It's true.

For a length of time (maybe '83 through '86), David was my best friend. He liked monsters, and was obsessed with the movie Teen Wolf. Of course, that made us peas in a pod. I still have specific memories about the games we played during sleepovers, and some of our conversations.

Jump forward 25 years, and I see my former friend on the news; accused of murder and attempted murder.

You can see a press release about his sentencing by clicking here.

Nancy sent me the link last year (2/15/08), and I've had it in my inbox ever since. I can hardly believe I've had it there that long. I held onto it because I wanted to blog about it, but I wanted to scan a picture of David first.

I finally dug into the stuff under stairs, and here you go, David at my birthday party.


Yes, that's David holding the dart gun. Creepy huh?

In case you're wondering... I'm the one in the back craning his neck with the cheesy smile.

3 comments:

N. Taylor said...

That still creeps me out. I'm glad that friendship ended years ago. Can you imagine if we had to go and visit your best friend in prison all the time? Creepy, creepy, creepy.

Jody Neeley said...

Crazy! I wonder what went so wrong, for him to end up like that.

Cormorant said...

Yikes! That's a terrible story.