Friday, April 4, 2008

Lunch and Learn

I visited ABP again today. Patrick, Derek, and I attended a "Lunch and Learn."

ABP provided us with a sack lunch from Paradise Bakery while we listened to them give a sales pitch for a couple pieces of software.

The first presentation talked about off-site backups. In other words, a place to store your company's data in a fool-proof way. The data resides in a secret bunker somewhere. You know, bomb proof, natural disaster proof, armed guards roaming the facility. Think James Bond.

The second presentation talked about software to track printing (the main reason we attended). I know it's all Greek to you, so I won't go into the details. Pretty cool stuff, but ultimately it does not address our primary concern (getting a fool-proof print server). However, it presented a cool option once we meet our primary objective.

Once again, I will post some pictures to show you what life looks like when you're a tech geek. I took these inside the meeting room using my Blackberry.




During the meeting I e-mailed Robyn (I order toner cartridges from her) the following:

Hey Robyn. Could I order a Coke? Could you ship it to the conference
room? Thanks.

J/K

Matthew


I intended it to mimic the type of e-mail I would send to her requesting replacement toner, and expected her to reply back with something along the lines of, "You can kiss my @$$."

Next thing I know, Robyn appears with a Coke, and places it on the table in front of me. I swear I probably went beet red with embarrassment. Everyone in the room probably wondered how I could be so chauvinistic.

I felt bad, and talked to Robyn after the meeting. Hopefully, she took it as a joke.

Oh, and Clay, if you read this, I don't think my Site Tracker registered your visit. Maybe PDA devices don't count as a hit. A typical page looks like this (click to enlarge):

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Very funny!

Okay, since you're so technically gifted, can you tell me how to link the catalog pictures on my blog to the catalog links on the Stampin' Up! website?

(I'll pay you $10 an hour, but no texting during that time, even for a Coke!)